Who should take this course?
The PADI Enriched Air Diver course is PADI’s most popular specialty scuba course. Why? Because scuba diving with enriched air nitrox gives you more no decompression time, especially on repetitive scuba dives. If staying down longer and getting back in the water sooner sounds appealing, then don’t hesitate to become an enriched air diver.
If you’re a PADI (Junior) Open Water Diver who is at least 12 years old, you can enroll in the Enriched Air Diver Specialty course.
What will you learn?
You’ll learn why diving with air that has higher oxygen and lower nitrogen content gives you more bottom time, along with enriched air equipment considerations. During your practical session you’ll:
- Discuss managing oxygen exposure.
- Practice analyzing oxygen content in your scuba tank.
- Set your dive computer for diving with enriched air nitrox.
- PADI Enriched Air Dive Manual
- Theory Session with Instructor
- You must hold a PADI Open Water Dive qualification or equivalent.
- You must be at least 12 years old to complete this course within Australia.
- You will be required to complete a medical statement which may result in you needing to complete a medical with a doctor.